Can Moodle be used for Commercial Purposes
“Can Moodle be used for Commercial Purposes?”
Some more questions that are answered in this post: “Is Moodle free?”, “Is moodle really free?”, “Is moodle free for teachers?”, “why moodle is free?”. Read on!
The answer is YES. Moodle is an open source framework and can be used for commercial purposes. Moodle is covered under the under the terms of the GPL. You can read the full Moodle license here.
Moodle is open source and completely free of financial obligation for it’s users.
You can use Moodle commercially, for example:
- You can sell courses on your Moodle site.
- You can provide turnkey Moodle based solutions to your customers.
- You can use Moodle in your Educational institution which is commercially driven.
- You can use Moodle in your corporate organization.
- You can use Moodle to create commercial tutorials, books and so on.
In all above cases, you should follow Moodle’s GPL license requirements.
How can you contribute to the Moodle project?
- You can donate monetarily at the Moodle Donations page.
- You can purchase cool Moodle merchandise from this site.
Image credit: http://www.thebluediamondgallery.com/tablet/c/commercial.html – under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.